Pet dog ‘ate crack’ then killed owner in front of BBC crew

A Staffordshire Bull Terrier that was suspected to have eaten crack cocaine mauled and killed its owner while he was filming a documentary on drugs.

Mario Perivoitos, who worked in IT, died in hospital shortly after he was attacked by “Major”.

Perivoitos received serious injuries to his face and neck, extensive haemorrhaging and his larynx was crushed, an inquest heard.

The BBC film crew at his home in North London called an ambulance and tried to fight off the dog, which had attached itself to the 41-year-old’s neck.

They were trapped in the flat for around 30 minutes. Police took almost 10 minutes to open the door in the tower block as it was heavily locked.

Perivoitos had been filming a BBC documentary called Drugs Map Britain. On the night he died, he came home after 10pm having consumed cocaine and became unwell, resulting in an epileptic fit.

The dog then attacked his owner as he lay on his bed.

“The dog was eight times the drug drive limit,” said Nicholas Carmichael, a veterinary toxicology expert, who found cocaine and morphine in the dog’s urine, according to reports.

”The dog had clearly taken it and, whether it had eaten it or taken it in by smoke, it is likely to have been a factor in the dog’s behaviour.”

Coroner Andrew Walker concluded that the dog had probably eaten the drug and been provoked by his owner having an epileptic fit.

He also said that Perivoitos had died due to his injuries from the attack.

Major was due to be destroyed, according to police. It is not clear if it has happened yet.

Source : Independent online

This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!

Share this post

What do you think?

100 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Elna Brad

Passionate rather, food enthusiast and former Slay Queen

4
Comments

avatar
4 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
1 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
2 Comment authors
Xi WangAlexander CitrusMandy MooreTony Stewart Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Tony Stewart
Guest
Tony Stewart

Benefit of keeping crack at home. Sad

Mandy Moore
Guest
Mandy Moore

It’s a pity, but a big reminder to the rest of us, if you take crack, don’t let your dog see it

Alexander Citrus
Guest
Alexander Citrus

Crack is not good for consumption that’s what I can can decoded here, so sad that he had to died from a crack infested dog

Xi Wang
Member

The dosage was at too much, such an unlucky fellow, keep all forms of drugs away from dogs or any pet is so dangerous

‘Piano man’ who vowed to play until his girlfriend returned is punched

Jimmy Carter offers Donald Trump some advice