IELTS is the most reputable and recognized English language proficiency test. The most popular International English Language Proficiency Test (IELTS) is accepted by over 130 countries worldwide. More than 48 test dates are released each year. If you plan on pursuing higher studies in one of the English speaking foreign countries then you must aim for a higher score in IELTS. Therefore, it is important to prepare for IELTS from the best IELTS institute in Delhi so that you don’t need to apply for IELTS examination again.
The IELTS is categorized into two types i.e. EILTS Academic and IELTS General. You can apply for any one of them depending on your requirements. If you are applying for a student visa then you should prepare for the IELTS Academic test. The IELTS score is measured in Bands, you will have a band ranging from 1 to 9. The best score is considered to be 8 to 9 bands. Though you never fail in IELTS, a score lower than 6 bands questions your knowledge and understanding of the English language.
Skills Required for IELTS
IELTS evaluate all the four aspects of the English language i.e. listening, reading, speaking and writing. The need to master all four language skills is imperative to score highest in your IELTS exam.
IELTS is a British test but it is not necessarily important to have a British accent or master all spellings. IELTS is open to all native English speakers, for example, North America, Australian, British, etc.
The total duration for IELTS is 2 hours and 45 minutes. The first part that you encounter is the listening part which consists of 40 questions for which you will be given 30 minutes to complete the section. The second in line is the reading part consisting of 40 questions and provided 60 minutes to complete the section. The third part of the IELTS Academic is of writing consisting of two writing tasks that you need to complete within 60 minutes. Last but the most difficult part of the IELTS examination is the speaking part. It takes around 11 and 14 minutes to complete and consists of three parts. Wherein, you will have a face to face interaction with the examiner.
Ways to Obtain a Higher Score in IELTS
Here are eleven important steps for achieving a high score in IELTS:
- Join the best IELTS coaching in Delhi.
- Start your IELTS preparation early, be consistent, Motivated and monitor your progress frequently.
- Master English grammar in a more systematic way.
- Practice what you have learned in IELTS coaching in four ways- listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Don’t miss any opportunity of practising English orally and in writing.
- Enrich your vocabulary. Aim to learn at least 20 new words every day. Don’t put the pressure of learning difficult words. This part going to demand your time as vocabulary doesn’t build up overnight.
- Read specialized texts from different subject areas. Prefer reading longer texts.
- Listen to the news and stay updated. Watch documentaries on topics related to different genres in English.
- Practise talking with other students at your IELTS coaching classes. Engage more in debates. Talk about yourself, share your interests and professional dreams in English with other English speakers.
- Make sure you build a solid foundation of English language skills. Working with a professional IELTS teacher will benefit you in many ways.
- Participate in mock tests to see if you are ready to sit in the examination or not. Prepare for your next step according to your preparation. You don’t want to risk your score based on inappropriate training.
To conclude, preparation for IELTS dictates your scores in the examination. It is important to follow these steps along with professional training at IELTS Coaching in Delhi to ensure a higher score in the first attempt of the IELTS examination. we also provide short term Courses in Delhi. if you are looking for some short term job oriented course.