With the spotlight always on them, you think that some celebs would have learnt to watch what they say; sadly, most of them haven’t. While not every celebrity can be like Emma Watson, Leonardo Dicaprio, George Clooney or Angelina Jolie who have consistently spoken up profoundly on issues dear to them, that is understandable.
However, there are some things that some celebs have said on social media and in interviews that have not only made people raise their eyebrows or shake their heads in disgust but left them genuinely mindblown. If you don’t believe us here are some mind blowing things celebs have said. Keep in mind this list will include, the dumb, the thoughtless, the insensitive and just plain rude to be honest.
First up on the list is:
1. Sean Connery On Hitting A Woman “I don’t think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman—although I don’t recommend doing it in the same way that you’d hit a man. An openhanded slap is justified—if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I’d do it. I think a man has to be slightly advanced, ahead of the woman.”
2. Donald Trump On Immigration “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
3. Gwyneth Paltrow On Cheese “I’d rather smoke crack than eat cheese from a can.”
4. Kelly Osborne Calling Out Donald Trump “If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilets, Donald Trump?”
5. Arnold Schwarzenegger On Gay Marriage “I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman.” See Also: You Might Want To Get A Dog After Reading This
6. Naya Rivera On Showering “I have to say I have a theory about showering, [which] is that I think that white people shower a lot more than ethnics. I feel like showering more than once a day or every day is such a white people thing.”
7. Brooke Shields On Smoking “Smoking can kill you, and if you’ve been killed you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”
8. Elizabeth Hurley on Marilyn Monroe “I’ve always thought Marilyn Monroe looked fabulous, but I’d kill myself if I was that fat.”
9. Ben Carson On The Big Bang “What you’re telling me is if I blow a hurricane through a junkyard enough times over billions and billions of years, eventually after one of those hurricanes there will be a 747 fully loaded and ready to fly.”
10. For Those Of You That Thought Britney Spears Could Do No Wrong “I’ve never really wanted to go to Japan, simply because I don’t like eating fish and I know that’s very popular out there in Africa.”
11. Alicia Silverstone On Her Movie ‘Clueless’ “I think that Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it is true lightness.”
12. Farrah Abraham When Asked If She Is A Feminist “I’m pretty feminine. I think so … What does that mean, you’re a lesbian or something?”
13. Tara Reid On Sharks “Today I was like, ‘I don’t wanna, like, really sound stupid when I do this show today.’ So I learned a little education on sharks. So I look up sharks on the internet and I’m, like, ‘WHALE SHARKS … so that must be when a whale and a shark have sex.’ Then I think “Well, how does a whale and a shark have sex?’ And then I looked it up … there’s a thing called whale sharks, so I thought they must, you know … And then I realised that whales are mammals and sharks are animals, so they have nothing to do with each other …”
14. Mischa Barton On Being Pretty “The truth is, pretty people aren’t as accepted as other people. It comes with all these stigmas.”
15. Kim Kardashian After A Heartfelt Conversation With A Cancer Patient “I spoke to a girl today who had cancer and we were talking about how this is such a hard thing for her, but it taught her a big lesson on who her friends are and so much about life. She’s 18. And I was like, that’s how I feel.”
16. Ben Carson On Prisons And Homosexuality “A lot of people who go into prison straight — and when they come out, they’re gay.” Read Also: Things Mature People Won’t Do In A Relationship. This list would not be complete with a Jessica Simpson honoraary mention. The next and final addition on our list is an oldie but a goodie:
17. Jessica Simpson On Tuna Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it’s tuna, but it says ‘chicken of the sea’.
Originally published here
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!