To prevent leg problems it is important to exercise and do a cardiovascular workout at least three times a week. We can also use natural products such as birch oil, which has amazing anti-cellulite and draining properties.
The legs are one of the most attractive parts of a woman’s body, but they require adequate care and common problems should be treated naturally, not only for aesthetic reasons but also because they have to do with our health: cellulite, stretch marks, flaccidity (flabbiness), obesity, varicose veins, etc.
In this article we will share the best natural remedies to combat these problems in order to get beautiful legs that are toned and healthy!
First we will provide some general tips that will help to prevent general leg problems and will also help to improve our health.
The most important thing is to start with proper nutrition:
- Avoid harmful fats in your diet: trans fats, fried foods, pastries, junk food, processed meats, high-fat dairy, etc.
- Limit your consumption of white sugar and refined salt
- Do not abuse the use of refined flour
- Avoid alcohol
It is important to exercise daily, but if that is not possible, look for ways to do it at least three times a week. The most beneficial exercises for our legs are:
- Walking up and down stairs
- Tai chi
Cellulite is one of the most common problems and often appears in the thighs, calves, above the knees and in the buttocks. Over time it can get worse if we do not treat it, therefore it is important to take action as soon as possible.
In addition to following the advice on diet and exercise, we can also apply an anti-cellulite product topically to our legs, preferably a natural product. We can use, for example, birch oil, which has incredible anti-cellulite and draining properties.
You should do a five-minute massage each day to apply the oil, always doing so in an upward motion, combining straight and circular massages.
Stretch marks appear when we experience a sudden weight change and our skin does not have enough elasticity. We can prevent this even if we are experiencing a weight change (for example due to dieting or during pregnancy) and even remove them when they are still new.
To do this we have to deeply nourish our skin by massaging it and using one of the following four natural products:
- Almond oil
- Shea butter
- Argan oil
- Rosehip oil
These oils can be applied after showering, before drying off with the towel, when the skin pores are wide open and better able to absorb the oil. Then let the skin dry naturally.
Varicose veins are a symptom of poor circulation in the legs, but you can follow any of these tips to prevent and treat them:
- Apply rosemary vinegar to cool, soothe and improve circulation
- Place your legs in a vertical position for at least 15 minutes each day. To do this you can lie on the floor, in bed or on a couch and put your feet up, preferably with the buttocks touching the wall and the legs totally vertical, creating a right angle with your body.
- Take daily infusions (brews) of gotu kola, ginkgo biloba or grape seed.
Flaccidity or flabbiness may be the result of age and the lack of exercise and toning. And to prevent it the key is mainly exercise, not only cardiovascular but also toning exercises.
Further, there is another way to give firmness to our legs, and for this we only need water, to benefit from the positive effects of hydrotherapy:
- Always finish your shower with cold water
- Walk, if possible, on the banks of rivers or on the beach
- Prepare two containers; one with very cold water and the other with hot water. Put your legs first in the hot water and then in the cold water, and alternate a few times. Always finish up with the hot water.
Obesity – Overweight
Obesity, which affects different parts of the body, must be fought primarily from within with proper diet and nutrition, and from the outside with proper exercise, because there are no miracle cures to remove excess fat.
In addition, there are some foods that can help us lose weight faster:
- Coconut oil
- Seaweed (fucus vesiculosus)
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!