If you get the message- Flash drive not detected on the computer/USB flash drive not showing up/unreadable USB flash drive/the disc you inserted is not readable by this computer. Then read to solve this problem.
When I was using my USB drive, suddenly my USB was not visible and I started getting an error message- “ USB Device Not Recognized” also known as USB error code 43. This can happen to any user when you try to use a USB mouse, keyboard, camera, or other removable devices.
Causes of error- USB Device Not Recognized in Windows 7/8/10
- The USB driver has become unstable or corrupt
- Your computer system might need an update for issues that may conflict with a USB external hard drive and Windows installed
- Some important Windows updates for hardware or software issues might be missing
- The USB controllers may have become corrupt or unavailable
- Your external drive might be selectively suspended
- PC system motherboard might need updated drivers
Some quick fixes for an error-‘USB device not recognized’
You can try resolving the error by using some solutions. You can try the trick given below.
1. Restart your system or reboot computer.2. Try changing the USB port, connect a USB drive to see if the USB drive is recognized or not.3. Try connecting a USB drive to another healthy computer or laptop.
If your device is not recognized in the system and the error-USB Device Not Recognized in Windows 7/8/10 is showing or you get USB error code 43, then you can try the solutions below to fix it:
Method 1.Install the latest Windows Updates
You can follow the following steps to solve error- USB Device Not Recognized in Windows 7/8/10:
- Select the Start button, type Windows Update in the Search box, and then select Windows Update in the results pane.
- Select Check for Updates.
- After the system scan is complete you can select Review optional updates.
- Select the check box next to the updates, then select Install updates.
- If prompted, review the license agreement, then select I Accept.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Method 2.By removing Power Supply issue
- Remove the Power Supply by switching off or pulling the plug off the PC.
- Restart your system
- Now connect your USB device to the USB ports in the system
- After the USB device connected to your PC, plug in the power supply
Method 3. By Fixing USB Root Hub
- Open Device Manager.
- Find the Universal Serial Bus controllers option and click on it to expand.
- Find the USB Root Hub option here, then Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Power Management tab
- Uncheck “ Allow the computer to turn off this device” to save power option shown
- Click OK to save the changes.
To know more follow the link:
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!