1. The most important person in your life is the one person who chose YOU to share their life with. Treat them how you want them to treat you.
2. You may live a long life or you may live a short one. You don’t know, no one knows. Either way, you’re going to wish you took better care of your body, drank less, smoked less got more sleep and didn’t worry so much when you were younger.
3. Things and stuff at the end of the day are just that… Things and stuff. Don’t hold on to material things. Instead hold on to your time and experiences. Those are the most valuable things that you can actually have.
4. Jealousy and ego destroys relationships. Trust your significant other. If they do betray your trust then you picked the wrong partner. Look beyond the physical when choosing someone to love, trust and care for.
5. People always say, “Always make sure to get a job doing what you love!” This advice sucks. The right job is the job you love some days, can tolerate most days and still pays the bills. Almost nobody can love their job everyday!
6. If you’re getting stressed and overwhelmed in life, stop, close your eyes, take a deep breath and relax. Be grateful you are alive, healthy and lucky enough to participate in this world.
7. Years will go by in the blink of an eye. Don’t get married young. Live a life of simplicity. Travel. Do stuff. If you have money or not. Pack your bags and go see as much of the world as you can. Don’t make babies just yet. Don’t buy useless stuff. In fact don’t buy any stuff. See the world. We were meant to explore this world so go and do it!
8.Don’t take life too seriously even during our darkest most hopeless times. You will get over it. Try to laugh because life is short and ridiculous and your problems will not matter in 10 years.
9. A true friend will come running if you call them at 2am no matter where you are. Everyone else is just an acquaintance.
10. Kids grow up faster than you think. Enjoy the time you have while they’re kids.
11. Nobody ever died wishing they had worked more during their life. Work hard, but don’t let work take away from your family, friends or your health!
12. Eat and exercise everyday like you’re life depended on it. Because it actually does.
13. Floss regularly and always wear sunscreen. It may seem trivial but this is priceless advice.
14. Listening to your own advice is pretty hard, but do your best to get better at it.
15. The joints you damage when you’re young will be absolutely destroyed when you’re old. Don’t beat yourself up too much when you think your body is invincible.
16. We only have a finite amount of time on this world. Don’t wake up at 64 years old realizing you never actually did the things you dreamed about.
17. Learn how to appreciate the small things and become present in the moment. Instead of texting, pick up the phone and call your mother. Talk about nothing in particular. That memory will be something you will remember more than a text message.
18. Pay your bills and stay out of debt. Credit cards and student loans are worse than the devil. If I could have all the money back I’d paid in interest I’d be a very wealthy individual right now.
19. If you have a dream of being or doing something amazing with your life that seems impossible, try to do it anyway. The younger you are when try, the better your chances are of achieving it. If you fail don’t think of it as a failure. Nothing is ever a failure only a lesson to be learned so you can become a stronger, better and wiser version of yourself.
20. When you meet someone for the first time, stop and understand that you don’t really know anything about them. You’ll see race, gender, age etc. Forget all your biases and judgements. You know nothing. Biases happen in your brain because that’s just how your mind works. You limit your life, your thinking and the opportunity to love another amazing human being because of your bias.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!