Today is life – the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. – Dale Carnegie
I have a friend who died a few years ago, he was my best friend, a dreamer and someone whose dreams, ideas and kindness is what is keeping me strong today. To him, life was about kindness, forgiveness and living in the moment. We used to walk together through Flushing queens starring and admiring the beauty and the struggle that people face every day.
One things that i can never forget about him was his smile even in the face of difficulties, he will look up at me and say “cheer up, all will be well” Cheering up to him was living in the moment, doing all you can to enjoy the moment and not to allowing anything or anyone to distract you. His life like the rest of us was filled with lots of activities but no matter how busy he was, he always find time every evening to sit and share memorable moment with all of us.
This is what he will like you to know:
- Success is not what people or the society make it look like, so forget the dictionary, it was put up by people like you, define your own success.
- Cherish every moment you have, it is a gift that is worth more than anything
- It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Everybody in the world is seeking happiness—and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts. Happiness doesn’t depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions.
- If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don’t want to be.
- Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
- Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones tend to take care of themselves.
- Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.