Police ‘Confident’ No One Else in Shooter’s Room Before Las Vegas Attack

Investigators are “confident” that no one else entered the Las Vegas hotel suite before a gunman opened fire on a crowd of thousands of concertgoers, killing 58 people in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Undersheriff Kevin McMahill said Friday in an interview that police don’t believe anyone entered the room at Mandalay Bay prior to the shooting carried out by Stephen Paddock Sunday night.

Earlier, senior law enforcement sources said investigators were puzzled by a charger that did not appear to match any of Paddock’s cellphones. Police have now been able to match all of the cell phone chargers found in the room with multiple cell phones that Paddock had with him.

“He was the only shooter; I’m very confident of that,” McMahill said. “I’m also confident that there were no other people in the room leading up to this event.”

A motive in the shooting remains elusive. “This agency wants to give answers. We owe it to the victims and the victims’ families,” McMahill said. “It’s really a frustrating piece of this investigation.”

 Las Vegas Gunman’s Motive Remains Unknown

At a Friday press conference, McMahill said they did not think there was a second shooter, but he said it was unclear whether or not Paddock had help.

“We’re very confident that there was not another shooter in that room,” McMahill said. “What I cannot confirm to you today, and what we continue to investigate is, whether anybody else may have known about this incident before he carried it out.”

McMahill said they also found approximately 50 pounds of tannerite and ammonium nitrate — materials that can be used to make explosive devices — in the gunman’s car, but it did not appear that Paddock had assembled the material into an improvised explosive device.

Paddock unleashed a barrage of bullets from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay and Casino on Sunday night, killing at least 58 people and injuring about 500 others who were attending a country music festival below. Paddock apparently killed himself, authorities said.

Senior law enforcement officials said Paddock, 64, had researched possible attack locations in Boston and Chicago, including the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago in August.

Law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation also said Friday that they had learned Paddock approached an ammunition dealer wanting to buy a large quantity of tracer rounds at a gun show in Phoenix last month.

 

Source: NBC

This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!

Share this post

What do you think?

100 points
Upvote Downvote

4
Comments

avatar
2 Comment threads
2 Thread replies
3 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
3 Comment authors
The Sport guyVoat SpyThat Ghanaian Girl Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
That Ghanaian Girl
Member

That he carry the attack alone is something i still find it hard to believe

The Sport guy
Member

That is a settled case already. he was alone, but if you have any information, please do so to tell the authority

Voat Spy
Member

We will get to the bottom of this

The Sport guy
Member

i will be glad to know his motive behind such attack

To The One I Promise To Keep In My Heart Forever

I forgive you for not giving me the love i deserves