Teens beat homeless man with wooden plank 20 times then hacked him with machete

Two teenagers have been found guilty of the brutal murder of a homeless man who was hacked to death with a machete. Charlie White and Alex Macdonald were both found guilty by a jury of killing Razvan Sirbu in woodland, close to the tent he lived in, which was also slashed.

The 21-year-old’s body was found by a dog walker on May 7 last year and a post-mortem examination revealed blunt force trauma to the head and torso. He had also suffered multiple skull fractures, facial bone fractures as well as significant injuries to the body, including several fractured ribs.

White’s image was later captured on CCTV at a nearby skate park, burning clothing believed to have been worn during the murder and the pair were seen appearing to re-enact some of the violence. Police seized a grey coat from a caravan where Macdonald was arrested in Shepherdswell, Kent, which had blood on the hood matching Mr Sirbu’s DNA.

 

Detectives also uncovered details of a conversation in which White had asked his accomplice why he kept beating Mr Sirbu in the face. Macdonald told him: ‘Cos I thought it was funny.’ During his police interview White issued a prepared statement and claimed he had planned stealing a lawnmower from a garden in Bockingford Road, Maidstone, on the day of the murder.

He claimed he was carrying a meat cleaver for protection against the person he was hoping to sell the machine to. White claimed as he was making his way to the property he heard shouting and that a man speaking a foreign language then tried to attack him. He admitted repeatedly attacking Mr Sirbu, a Romanian, with his machete, but denied aiming any blows to his head. White said he acted in self-defence and had played no part in encouraging others to also attack Mr Sirbu in Tovil, Maidstone.

White, formerly of Quarry Road, Maidstone, Kent, and Macdonald, of Regency Place, Maidstone, were both convicted after a trial at Maidstone Crown Court. A third man, James Buckley, formerly of Capell Close, Coxheath, Kent, had also been charged with the murder.

Although the 20-year-old was deemed unfit to plead, he was found by the jury to be involved in the act of killing Mr Sirbu. White and Macdonald were due to be sentenced at the same court on Tuesday.

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Pledger, of Kent Police, said:

‘This was an utterly senseless attack on a young man who stood little chance of protecting himself. ‘Razvan Sirbu was subjected to a horrific ordeal which appears to have been entirely unprovoked. ‘He was beaten repeatedly, suffering a catalogue of appalling injuries as a result of a sustained and savage assault.

‘Our investigation has uncovered compelling and overwhelming evidence linking the offenders to this murder, but their refusal to tell the truth may mean we never know precisely why they carried out this attack.’

Source: Metro UK

This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!

Share this post

What do you think?

101 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Voat Spy

I got here from Voat and I became comfortable here. This si my new home. Trendiee is the new hot

2
Comments

avatar
2 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
1 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
2 Comment authors
Free TrumpKristen corley Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kristen corley
Member

what is this world turning into

Free Trump
Guest
Free Trump

the thing is crack and heroin is not good… kids should refrain from it

Antonio Conte pushes Chelsea board to beat Man United to Alexis Sanchez transfer

10 Things That Happen When You Meet A Good Girl After A Toxic Relationship