Tips to Help You Find the Right Painting Service Company
Admit it. Every spring or summer, we often feel the need to fix or renovate our homes. Because of the better weather, we feel we can complete a number of home renovation projects, and house painting is definitely a part of them.
Regardless of whether you are preparing your house for selling or you simply want to hide the cracks and stains that have accumulated on your wall for years, a house painting project is such a clever project that will make sure you get the results that you want. But how do you get this project started? You will need the help of professional house painters.
When you’re looking for interior and exterior painting services, there are a few things you should take into account. However, when you’re from Townsville, you’re in luck as the city is home to many of the best house painting service providers. Just to be sure, you might want to consider these tips on how to find reliable painting services in Townsville.
Tip #1: Set a budget.
Budget is one of the most important factors to take into account before booking the services of house painters in Townsville. The budget that you allocate will determine the quality of materials that will be used and the amount of preparation that has to be done.
Now, when it comes to choosing commercial painters in Townsville, the cheapest provider isn’t always the best choice. Cheap rates often mean cheap paints and inexperienced contractors. Simply said, you get what you pay for.
Your best option is a painting company that uses quality paints, as well as proven and tested painting techniques.
When requesting a quote, it is best to ask from 3 to 5 painting service providers. From there, compare prices and check the service inclusions.
Tip #2: Seek recommendations.
What many people don’t realize is that there are many ways to find potential painting contractors. Google and Yelp are just some of the best places to start looking for painting service providers in Townsville.
Referrals are also an excellent way to find great painting contractors. Has your neighbor completed a painting job recently? Ask about their overall experience with that specific company. And then, do your homework. Read the reviews and testimonials provided by other clients. Most of the time, contractors that receive positive reviews can exceed customer satisfaction.
Tip #3: Ask questions.
Assuming you’ve already completed your list of potential contractors, the next thing you have to do is to interview them. Get in touch with them by email or by phone. Next, ask questions.
Here are some important questions you might want to ask:
- How many years have you been in the business?
- Does your painting service come with the right insurances?
- Are you affiliated with professional painting organizations?
- What products do you use?
- Do you hire subcontractors to work on projects?
- Do I need to buy my own paint?
- What are the terms of your warranty?
- How soon can you complete the job?
- Do you clean up after the project?
Tip #4: Request a contract.
After asking the right questions, you probably have a painting service contractor in mind. What you should do next is to get a contract.
Check the contract carefully. Make sure it contains all the important information about the contractor, including names of the important people you’re dealing with, the business address, office numbers, and license number.
The contract must also state the scope of the project. Many reputable painting service providers would include a written guarantee to fix any blistering, chipping or peeling that occurs within a certain number of weeks or months.
Tip #5: Pay the initial fees.
In a typical scenario, a 15-20% down payment is required by the contractor for them to be able to buy the materials needed. But you can always ask about this. What’s important is that you don’t make a large down payment until everything is completed according to what was agreed upon.
Tip #6: Prepare for the painting project.
After paying the initial fees, what’s next? You simply need to prepare for the painting project. Since you are paying the contractor to do the painting work and not to move things around, we suggest that you do these things:
- Move the furniture. Be sure there are no cabinets and tables on the way. If there is no spare room for your furniture pieces, place them at the center of the room. Remove the paintings and clocks hanging on the wall to make it easier for the house painters to do their job.
- Remove outlet covers. Once they get stained. It will be hard to get rid of the paint. If you don’t do this, you might end up buying new ones, which could be an added expense.
- Clean the walls. You don’t want your newly painted wall to accent the dust particles, right?
- Keep your pets in another area. Accidents are likely to happen. While waiting for the paint on your wall to dry up, your fur baby might accidentally rub itself onto it.
Hiring house painters in Townsville will definitely save you time and money. Just make sure you research about the contractor who you will entrust this project too. Most importantly, to help future clients like you, might as well leave an online review. It can be a great way to thank them for a job well done.
If you are looking for professional interior and exterior painting services in Townsville, contact Luxury Painting Service. Backed by solid experience in painting work, you can trust that we can get the job right.