Group E leaders Arsenal travel to Ukraine to face Vorskla Poltava. The visitors have already booked a placed in the last 32 while Vorskla need a win to keep their slim hopes alive. Can the hosts grab a famous win in front of their own fans? Read on for Vorskla vs Arsenal betting tips and predictions.
Vorskla vs Arsenal Betting Preview
Vorskla may have come into this Europa League group stage campaign as the underdogs of Group E, but the Ukrainian side still have a slim chance of making it through to the knockout rounds with just 2 games remaining.They currently sit 3rd in the table, ahead of fellow underdogs Qarabag on goal difference and 4 points adrift of Sporting CP. However, they face the group leaders Arsenal on Thursday, and a failure to win there could see their qualification dreams die. Even if they pick up an unlikely 3 points against the Gunners, they still need Sporting CP to drop points against Qarabag to keep them in with a chance.Vorskla aren’t in the best form at the moment either. Their 1-0 defeat to Mariupol on Saturday made it 3 losses on the trot, and in all competitions they have won 4 and lost 6 of their last 10 games. Their only group stage win so far came away to Qarabag, leaving them with 2 defeats from 2 at home in the Europa League.Arsenal won’t be slacking off here either. Unai Emery’s side dropped their first Europa League points of the season when they drew with Sporting Lisbon in the last game, and that means that they still need a win if they want to stand a chance of sealing the top spot on Thursday. They currently have a 3-point advantage over Sporting below them and an advantage in both head to head records and goal difference.
Vorskla Team News
- Dmytro Kravchenko is out with an ankle ligament injury.
- Wingmen Denys Vasin and Aleksandre Kobakhidze are both injured and will not participate here.
Probable Line Up: Shust (GK), Artur, Chesnakov, Dallku, Perduta, Rebenok, Sharpar, Skylar, Yakubu, Kulach, Kolomoets
Arsenal Team News
- Kostas Mavropanos, Nacho Monreal, and Danny Welbeck remain sidelined for the Gunners.
- Alexandre Lacazette and Stephan Lichsteiner are both doubtful for the trip to Ukraine.
- Laurent Koscielny has not returned to full fitness and is unlikely to feature.
Probable Line Up: Cech (GK), Kolasinac, Sokratis, Holding, Jenkinson, Guendouzi, Elneny, Ozil, Ramsey, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah
- Arsenal have never won an away match against Ukrainian opposition (D1 L4).
- Excluding qualifiers, Vorskla Poltava have never won a home game in major European competition, drawing 1 and losing 5.
- Arsenal have the most clean sheets in the Europa League this season (3).
Head to Head
- Arsenal’s 4-2 win over Vorskla at the Emirates earlier this season was the first ever meeting between the sides.
Vorskla vs Arsenal Betting Tips
- This is a tough match to call. Ukraine isn’t the easiest of places to go to and from the stats above, Arsenal have never won an away match in Ukraine after 5 attempts. We have a feeling this is going to be a drab affair and “Under 2.25 Goals” will be our bet.
- With Arsenal not at full strength, we fancy the hosts’ chances of avoiding defeat here. We think that the game will end in a goalless draw.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!