Testing or quality analysis is an important component of the software application lifecycle. The QA team has the responsibility to ensure that the software meets the highest quality standards and offers the same level of user experience across browsers and platforms. This is crucial in creating a valued user experience, without which the users will lose interest in the software application and even choose to uninstall it. To ensure the software meets the desired or defined standards of quality, software development firms have a dedicated QA team whose responsibility is to detect and rectify all bugs and defects in the software long before it is ready to be launched in the market.
The QA team uses the most advanced tools for this purpose. This article is for all the QA professionals who are looking for a good web test automation tool to invest in. Here are the top 5 web test automation tools to look for this year, and all of the following tools have built-in features that one would expect from an ideal tool.
One of the most popular automation tools out there, Zephyr has a whole lot of options for web test automation, and is used by agile teams for the flexibility and visibility into QA performance that the tool offers. It also has a Jira add-on that adds to the test management capabilities of Jira.
- Seamless Jira integration, along with integration with other popular platforms.
- Interactive dashboard for monitoring QA performance and other parameters.
- Multiple deployment options, including the option to deploy on the Cloud.
- Provision for short-term license.
Try Now: www.getzephyr.com
2. QARA Enterprise
A comprehensive suite for automation and complete test management, QARA Enterprise offers every feature that QA teams need today to reach their goals. With a zero coding framework, it makes learning automation easier than ever before and also offers an add-on to enhance test management with Jira.
- Support for multiple browsers for web test automation, along with browser versions.
- Simultaneous execution with the grid execution.
- Seamless integration with Jira and a host of other platforms.
- Generation of detailed graphical reports for performance analysis.
Try Now: www.qaratest.com
- Built-in best practices for ease of users.
- Easy to capture screenshots from the browser using an extension.
- Seamless integration with Jira and other tools.
- Test maintenance made easy through robust test case creation.
Try Now: www.ranorex.com
A popular web test automation tool, Tricentis also supports Web API. It’s a platform for continuous testing to cater to the changing needs of the QA scenario with the advent of Agile and DevOps.
- Support for wide range of protocols, which include but not limited to TIBCO EMS, HTTP(s) JMS, Rabbit MQ, IBM MQ and more.
- Ease of test script maintenance with a model-based approach.
- Seamless integration with Agile lifecycle.
- Support for end-to-end automation and test management.
Try Now: www.tricentis.com
5. HP UFT (QTP)
HP UFT is one of the most powerful web test automation tool with support for multiple browsers and versions. The scope of QA it offers is really large.
- Based on the Keyword Driven Framework.
- Ease of execution from saved test scripts.
- Ease of creation of test summary.
- Provision to use stored data for execution.
Try Now: www.microfocus.com/en-us/products/uft-one/overview