When things look bad and situation look worse, it is good to remind ourselves of what is truly important in life.
Today, i would like to share 30 powerful quotes on happiness to help motivate you to greatness.
1. Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life. – Omar Khayyam
2. Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
3. The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. – Oprah Winfrey
4. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects. – Albert Einstein
5. Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever. – Peter Hagerty
6. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. – Jim Rohn
7. If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you. – Lao Tzu
8. The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. – James Openheim
9. If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.’
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else. –
10. Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different. –
11. If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. – Andrew Carnegie
12. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
13. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.- Denis Waitley
14. It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about – Dale Carnegie
15. When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. – Marcus Aurelius
16. Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty without happiness.- Christian Dior
17. Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.- Margaret Lee Runbeck
18. There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will. – Epictetus
19. We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. – Frederick Keonig
20. It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes us happy. – Charles Spurgeon
21. Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.- Mary Anne Roadacher-Hershey
22. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. – Robert A. Heinlein
23. Happiness is not a goal…it’s a by-product of a life well lived. – Eleanor Roosevelt
24. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.- Carl Jung
25. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. – Mahatma Gandhi
26. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. – Dalai Lama
27. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
28.Happiness is the experience of loving life. Being happy is being in love with that momentary experience. And love is looking at someone or even something and seeing the absolute best in him/her or it. Love is happiness with what you see. So love and happiness really are the same thing…just expressed differently. – Robert McPhillips
29. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. – Herman Cain
30. Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions. – Dalai Lama
This post was originally posted at Find Joy